Installing kde from scratch

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 16:55:54 GMT 2008

>From time to time I've seen the comment on here that to get the most from
linux it's best to install from scratch - kernel and then on up.

As I'm about to go for a complete machine rebuild I'm tempted to try it but
haven't had much luck finding a decent web page with complete instructions.
One of my main concerns are lib files as distro's take a lot of the sweat out
of that. Anyone know of one. Or have a better suggestion.

Failing that I'm also wondering which distro uses the most vanilla and up to
date set up and above all else updates with most ease. Suse likes to just
ignore what was there and the update that are provided often cripple what
ever is there.

--
Regards
John