Konsole, backspace and ^H

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Thu Jan 17 12:22:11 GMT 2008

I use Konsole on Mandriva 2007.1 (KDE 3.5.7) as my terminal app.

When on the local console or SSH'd into another Linux box, hitting
the "Backspace" key (UK keyboard), characters get removed as expected (like
they do in a word-processor).

When I'm SSH'd into certain network devices, I have to hit ^H to achieve the
same effect - hitting "Backspace" produces no visible effect.

Is there a way to get konsole to send ^H when I hit the backspace key?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer