Hi ! Please Tell To start the projects

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Jan 4 18:53:24 GMT 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Somepalli Venkata Hanuman Chowdary wrote:
> Hi
>
>                       I would like join KDE Developers Community World
> and I Would like to contribute the projects to KDE. So Please Tell How
> to start new project in KDE.

It depends a bit if you want to contribute to an already existing project or
start your own.

The basic step is always to get a working KDE development setup, e.g.
installing your distribution's "-devel" packages for KDE.
When contributing to KDE core applications or libraries it might be necessary
to get the development environment from KDE's source repository.

The next step for contributing to an existing project is to get the project's
sources , preferably from its source resposity, and build it with your
development setup.

When starting a new project, it is up to you if you want to use a source
repository, though I recommend this even if it is just a local one.

While it is possible to get a KDE SVN account for a totally new project, it is
usually easier to use a public repository service like soucreforge.net first
and later move the project to KDE's SVN if other considered it useful as
well.

The following link is the entry point to KDE's developer documentation. It
should answer most of your questions in detail.
http://techbase.kde.org/Development

If there is still something unclear, please ask on the general developer
mailinglist kde-devel

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring