Alt key is sticky even though sticky keys is turned off

Erik esigra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:29:14 GMT 2008

The Alt key is sticky even though sticky keys is turned off in kcontrol.
This has annoyed me for many years so it is about time that I get it
fixed. Whenever I accidentally touch the Alt key in any KDE program, the
focus gets stuck in the menu bar. Also if I want to activate a menu and
press Alt, but then change my mind and just release it before pressing
any letter, the focus is stuck in the menubar. Other programs, like Dia,
Thunderbird, Firefox, GNOME GhostView and XFig work just fine in this
regard. Only the Qt programs have this undesired behaviour. How is
sticky alt turned off?