Mouse Problem/Solution

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Feb 28 03:36:09 GMT 2008

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> John R. Sowden wrote:
>
>> Problem:   How do I change the speed of the mouse, so it does not dance
>> across the screen as fast?
>>

> I didn't see speed control, but acceleration is configurable via
> KControl->Peripherals->Mouse->Advanced.

Thanks for the quick response.  I won't debate the difference between
speed and acceleration,
although it might be fun, and one of might learn something.

Anyway, . . .

Since I am running the machine with the 10.1 suse right now, under
windows (win modem hell), I tried your suggestion on my 10.3 machine.

Interesting results:
1) no "advanced" button, although that makes sense.
2) when I plugged in the usb mouse receiver, suse found it immediately
and started working,  just like on windows.   That made me feel real
good.  But I still didn't see  an "advanced" button, even though I went
all the way to test in the install process.

John