KSnapshot Configuration

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Feb 16 21:05:43 GMT 2008

The handbook has nothing. Google has found me nothing. No manual entry for
ksnapshot. No manual entry for ksnapshotrc. Searching bugzilla for every bug
with ksnapshot in subject has found me nothing. Where is it explained how to
configure this valuable utility?

The problem is that back in v3.0 and 3.1 the png files it saved were nice and
compact. For the past several versions of some distros, the png files have
been very much larger, but in SUSE. I need them smaller across the board, and
haven't been able to find how to do it except to stick to SUSE.

For instance, these 4 768px or 769px X 912px or 913px pngs of the same web
page were taken on:
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-fedora8-096.png 208k Fedora 8
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-mdk81-096.png 51k Mandrake 8.1
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-mdk91-096.png 66k Mandrake 9.1
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-mdk100-096.png 167k Mandrake 10.0
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-suse120-096.png 60k SUSE 10.2
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-suseF110a3-096-24bpp.png 62k
SUSE 11
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/font-helvetica-ubuntu804-096.png 167k Ubuntu 8.04

Why are recent SUSE versions able to make much much smaller files, like old
Mandrake versions, than Fedora, Mandrake or Ubuntu?

Also from reading the bugs I see I should be able to cause the filename
numerical increment to happen on the last number instead of the first, or not
at all, but can't find docs on that either. :-(
--
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one
and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409