Adjust desktop size for overscan possible?

John and Holly Klug j.h.klug at gmx.net
Mon Feb 11 06:35:01 GMT 2008

Is it possible to adjust the desktop size smaller than the full X frame
to allow for overscan?  I notice that Kcontrol->
Windows-specific-settings -> Geometry has a checkbox for desktop, and it
can affect all desktops.  It doesn't seem to be documented as to how one
might do this.  <Alt> <right mouse click> is the same as <right mouse
click> for the desktop.  Also I notice that kdesktop has an option,
--geometry.  If you are using kdm, and are running on the display of the
same system, how does one set the kdesktop geometry option?  I have 3.5
kde if it makes a difference.