Kmail passwords

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 21:41:07 GMT 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 20:12, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 07 February 2008, John wrote:

> > > They should be stored in KWallet (unless you have disabled it).
> > > Run kwalletmanager (usually just click on the wallet icon in system
> > > tray) and check its KMail related section.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Kevin
> >
> > As far as I'm aware I have never enabled or disabled it. If I open it up
> > there are 2 folders one called Form Data and the other Passwords. Both
> > empty. I did create a wallet called TestIt at one point but nothing in
> > that either.
>
> Hmm.
> Open it again and use the menu Settings -> configure wallet
> Check the second tab if it has any rules regarding KMail
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

No there are no entries in it at all. Not long after sending my last mail
kontact crashed and guess what all of the password fields emptied!

Spooky or what. Makes me really wonder about KDE etc security.

I do seem to know 2 of them. When I entered them kmail asked to use kwallet
but then kwallet wouldn't accept a password which I assume is needed to get
into kwallet?
 Think I need to know how to get kmail to use kwallet and why it asked for a
password that I haven't set up. I did set one up for a folder called testit
but it wouldn't take that either.

--
Regards
John