Replacing commas with tabs in KWrite

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Mon Feb 4 16:39:06 GMT 2008

Hi,

I need to edit a comma delimited database file so that it becomes tab
delimited.  In OS/2 I just globally searched for ',' and then replaced it
with ASCII [09] character by entering <Alt-0-9>.
I cannot do that in KWrite as KWrite does not interpret <Alt> at all
and just enters "09" in the 'Replace with' field.
When I try to enter <Tab>, it just takes me to another field.

How do you replace anything with unprintable characters in KWrite?
(short of using vi of course :-))

Thanks
Frank

--