Duplexing prints on one side only

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 14:16:41 GMT 2008

On Thursday 27 November 2008 17:42:59 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 27 November 2008 02:07:11 g wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Not off-hand.  Somewhere on their site is a link to Launchpad, where
> > > you file
> >
> > will log back on hp site friday. right now, i am soon to go offline and
> > forget all about computers and hardware.
> >
> > cleaning brain will help enjoying 'big bird day'.
> >
> > again, good luck with printer.
>
> Well, wady'know!  This is a big step forward.
>
> For the last couple of weeks I've been playing around with a netbook, but
> since I expected to be using it away from home I'd never set up printing.
> I've got Fedora10 on it, and this afternoon I used system-config-printer to
> set it up.  It duplexes perfectly, printing 2-up on each side, if that's
> what I want!  I then installed hplip and checked it out again.  I have
> access to all the tools and printing is still perfect.  Then I came back to
> Mandriva.
>
> I thought I had better check whether system-config-printer had made the
> difference, so I called it from Mandriva.  It pulled in 14 print-related
> packages!  However, nothing has changed.  I still can't print on the second
> side from MDV 2009 :-(
>
> The only problem left, on the netbook, is to find a way to set default
> margins etc.

For the sake of the archives - I now have duplexing in Mandriva.  I'm not sure
why there was a problem, but I ended up re-configuring the printer on the cups
interface.  I'm not aware that I changed anything, but since it has worked
since then, there must have been a fault in the cups configuration.

Anne