uploading pictures from digital camera

Jerry Houston jerry at effjayare.net
Sat Dec 27 16:43:52 GMT 2008

On Saturday 27 December 2008 08:35:04 Allen Meyers wrote:
> Not sure if what I need is a KDE pkg or not, but in ubuntu I would like to
> be able to upload my pictures from my HP 435 with the same ease I can in
> windows. So please advise or direct me elsewhere

Introduce yourself to digiKam!

It makes pleasant work of fetching your photos from cameras or mounted memory
cards, organizing them into albums (directories on the disk), and such editing
as cropping, resizing, color correction, and other effects.  Its printing
support handles everything from contact sheets to enlargements as big as your
printer will allow.

Although web designers will undoubtedly keep using the GIMP when they need it,
digiKam is just what digital photographers need.  It's well designed, and
fairly intuitive.