OK -I'm trying

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 25 14:24:53 GMT 2008

On Thursday 25 December 2008 00:05:25 Bob Stia wrote:
> 1 How does one get an application on the task bar? eg: Kmail. Konsole,
> Gimp, Kwrite, etc.?

Drag the icon from the menu and drop it where you want between other icons.

> 2. How does one get different wallpaper on the other desktops? (This was
> one of my must have's in KDE3. Always knew where I was)

I think it's planned for 4.2, but don't quote me.

> 1. I can only print in black & white. Don't know why. Used to be able to
> specify those options in the printer dialogue and they no longer appear.

Could be a CUPS config issue?  What happens when you print form non-KDE
applications like Firefox or OpenOffice?

> 2.Yast has tiny tiny fonts. (I am visually impaired) I was able to increase
> font size in KDE and GTK to my satisfaction, but there is nothing for QT.

In a konsole su to root and run systemsettings or qtconfig.

> 3. Repos in Yast. I have the very basic ones. Used to be able to download a
> list and choose the ones you wanted. No can do anymore. Need to find them
> and enter them manually?

Still there in Yast / Software Repositories / Add / Community Repositories

> Now, I really don't expect any kind of replies for several days. After all
> it is Christmas!!

What else do we have to do while waiting for that Christmas dinner to digest
:-)

> Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !

And to you too!

John.