Making the "Folder View" widget less ugly.

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sun Dec 21 04:51:53 GMT 2008

Kishore wrote:

> On Friday 19 Dec 2008 12:13:14 pm Scott Beamer wrote:
>> What stable Linux distro has KDE 4.2 at the present time?
>
> None at the moment. 4.2 is scheduled for release in Jan 2009 so any KDE
> distribution that is set for a release after that would likely include
> 4.2.
>
> However, once released, distributions surely would make packages available
> for it. They already package the beta's!

I was aware of all this. It wasn't what I was looking for.

But with that said, I just checked out openSUSE 11.1 and they've modded KDE 4.1 so that it incorporates the *real* desktop feature that will be in KDE 4.2.

And....

I took a gander at the Project Neon [1] just to see what I could look forward to in KDE 4.2. Not only is it what should have been KDE 4.0, but the new Oxygen plasma theme is gorgeous.

Scott

[1] http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/User:Apachelogger/Project_Neon/KDE