How do I activate compiz on kde with F10?

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sun Dec 21 04:26:42 GMT 2008

Steven W. Orr wrote:

> I'm interested in trying it but I have no idea how to activate it. It
> looks cool. Where do I start?
>
> Under Fedora 10, I'm using KDE and I have the following packages
> installed:
>
> 517 > rpm -qa | grep compiz
> compiz-gnome-0.7.6-17.fc10.i386
> compiz-fusion-gnome-0.7.6-7.fc10.i386
> compiz-0.7.6-17.fc10.i386
> compiz-fusion-0.7.6-7.fc10.i386
> 518 >
>
> What do I do?
>
> TIA

yum install  compiz-manager compiz-kde compizconfig-backend-kconfig

You'll also need video hardware (and the drivers for it) that is OpenGL capable (i.e. a decent video card with an NVIDIA or ATI processor).

If you have said card you'll need to get the appropriate drivers.

They are available from the RPM Fusion repository.

See http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration on how to enable it.

After you've done that, the instructions for installing the ATI or NVIDIA drivers can be found here:
 http://rpmfusion.org/RPMFusionSwitcher

Scott