Switched to KDE4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 16 20:05:21 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 18:42:54 Martin (KDE) wrote:

> With Konqui I got a little popup bubble (short Info) which shows a
> file preview and some exif data informations like ISO speed, shutter
> speed, image size and so on for graphics, title, interpret playtime
> for sounds, similar infos for movies and something more. Dolphin has
> some similar short info bubble, but it only shows file name, type,
> permission and owner. But may be 4.2 has much more informations.
>
> Additionally Konqui was able to play sound files and movie (only
> sound) if you rest your mouse pointer over such a file. It is a nice
> feature if you are used to it.

Martin, I asked the Dolphin developer about sound previews and exif data.
Here's what he said:
<quote>
I was not aware that having a sound preview is a popular request, but I'm open
for implementing it. It would be great if a ticket at bugs.kde.org could be
submitted, so that people can vote for this request.

> Perhaps someone could also tell me whether exif metadata will be visible in
> dolphin at some time, or will it simply be handled in graphics apps?

In KDE 4.2 Dolphin already uses some EXIF data for JPEGs [1]. We don't plan to
compete with graphics apps, so it would be helpful if the users can give us
some input which important EXIF data should be shown in Dolphin.
</quote>

Can you start bug/wish reports for these, then post the number here so that
others can vote for them or add to them?  Thanks

Anne