Associations in krunner

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 10:55:45 GMT 2008

On Saturday 13 December 2008 Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Friday 12 December 2008 23:34:52 James Kerr wrote:
> > On Friday 12 December 2008 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I was trying to find the name of the menu-editor, and among other
> > > casting- about I tried putting 'menu' into krunner.  To my surprise
> > > it brought up a link to Dyson vacuum cleaner spare parts!  I haven't
> > > a clue how it got there, either, but I intend trying to remove it.
> > >
> > > Meanwhile, what is the menu editor application name?  Thanks
> >
> > 1. Looks as though you have a bookmark pointing to that page.
>
> Yes, I believe I have.  But there must be other bookmarks that refer to
> 'menu', and I don't want them listing by krunner :-)

You could de-activate krunner's Bookmarks Runner. I've only started to
appreciate the Bookmarks Runner recently. It's one of the features that,
when I read about it, I thought I would never find a use for it. Now I
wouldn't be without it.

> > 2. Try kmenuedit
>
> Yes, thanks.  However, that was not suggested by krunner, so I'll need to
> try to find aseigo's blog about how to add relevant entries

The Applications and Locations Runners do not seem to be as "smart" as the
Bookmarks Runner. It seems that you need to get the first characters of the
command correct for the command to be found. Whereas the Bookmarks Runner
will find a string anywhere in a bookmarked URL.

Jim