KOrganizer's reminder behaves strangely

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 11 19:58:56 GMT 2008

Hi KDEers,

I'm using KDE 3.x.y (3.5.5 ?) and KOrganizer's reminder has been
behaving strangely for half a year or maybe a year.  (I'm using
the testing distribution of Debian and I update the system daily.)

Before an upgrade, the reminder popped up, say, 15 minutes prior
to an event.  When I clicked on the "suspend" button, it slept
for 5 minutes and then popped up again (which was 10 minutes prior
to the event).  When I clicked on the suspend button again,
it slept for 5 more minutes before popping up again. And so on.

After the upgrade, the reminder pops up 15 minutes prior to
an event, but shows a few past events together with the imminent
one.  That's annoying.  The "suspend" functionality seems to be
unavailable, too.

Does somebody know what's going on?  Is this a bug?

Cheers,
Ryo