Use kio_audiocd on directory?

Nils nils.schlupp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 19:50:39 BST 2008

Hey,
I was wondering if it was in any way possible to use a kio_slave similar to
kio_audiocd to take a directory with generic audio files (ogg in my case)
and then generate all the virtual folders just as if I opened an audio cd
with konqueror. My goal here is to be able to take a non-vorbis compatible
mashine, connect via samba and then instead of selecting the ogg file, go
into the wav/flac/mp3 folder and copy those files onto my desktop there, and
have the server with the kio slaves convert the local ogg on the fly to
anyone of those file formats.
Has anyone ever tried anything along these lines, or is willing to help me
rewrite the code for cds to create a version for directories?

Thanks, Nils Schlupp