Trying to control Konq profile

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:58:25 BST 2008

Kishore said the following at 08/19/2008 11:45 AM :
> On Tuesday 19 Aug 2008 10:13:02 pm D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Kishore said the following at 08/19/2008 08:05 AM :
>>> As james suggests, you should save settings per folder which is respected
>>> well and such issues are the among the reasons why dolphin was created
>>> too.
>> OK, so at this point I am lost.
>>
>> Does this mean that at least one person here thinks that there is a precise
>> recipe for my original question? which was:
>>
>> ----
>>
>> 1. Open on the about:konqueror screen
>> 2. When I view a directory (and, in particular, when I click on the "home"
>> icon on the about:konqueror page), view the directory in treeview mode.
>>
>> ----
>>
>> If someone thinks that they have such a recipe, I would be most grateful if
>> they would post the steps :-) I apologise if said person thinks that they
>> have already provided enough information; like I say, I am lost :-0
>>

> Doc, are you new to KDE?

No. I've been using it since 2000 :-)

So you'd think I'd be able to answer my own questions... but I can't :-(

> Are you on KDE 4? If you are not too attached to
> konqueror for file management, i would recommend using dolphin for the same.

I know you mean well. Let's just say that my opinion is different and leave
it at that.

> First make sure that there is no session of konqueror running. To be sure, on
> a command line execute "killall konqueror" a few times until it says that no
> process was killed. Then open ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc and find the
> section "[MainView Settings]" without the quotes. Add it if it does not
> already exist. Add "SaveViewPropretiesLocally=true" without the quotes under
> the above mentioned section.

I'll try this as soon as I get to a point where I can close all my (many)
konq windows. Thank you very much. I'll report back success/failure.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR