Trying to control Konq profile

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 22:33:47 BST 2008

Sorry - the message bounced because the attachment was too big.  I've scaled
it down and it should be ok now.

On Monday 18 August 2008 20:45:04 D. R. Evans wrote:
> Anne Wilson said the following at 08/18/2008 01:07 PM :
> > Then I must be misunderstanding you.  what is this about:konqueror
> > screen? The only one I have is the one that shows version, authors and
> > translators.
>
> Well, all I know is that when I type "about:konqueror" in the address bar,
> I get a pretty screen with a few things to click, one of which is a little
> house, which sends me to my home directory.

I think this is a distro-choice.  What you describe sounds like the default
start-up screen in konqueror under 2008.1.  Does it look like the attached?

> > Strange.  It works on this laptop - Mandriva 2008.1 with kde4.  And it
> > worked on 2008.0 with kde3 - and earlier versions, but I can't remember
> > how far back I first did it.
>
> Maybe you can post your profile file (or at least the [Profile] portion of
> it, and I can simply adapt it.

I presume that's in an rc file?  Where do I find the one you want?

> Although if you don't see the same screen as I do when you do
> "about:konqueror", then I'm not sure how easy it will be to adapt it. If I
> bypass the "about:konqueror" screen, I can get tree views just fine.

I tried setting it to treeview then using the home link from the screen I'm
showing you, and it worked there.  I think it may be either a version or
distro bug.  Tell me where to find this [Profile] and I'll see what I can
give you.

Anne