Trying to control Konq profile

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:36:50 BST 2008

Now that Akademy is over, I'll try asking this again:

Running Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 3.5.9.

Konq behaviour that I want:

1. Open on the about:konqueror screen
2. When I view a directory (and, in particular, when I click on the "home"
icon on the about:konqueror page), view the directory in treeview mode.

It's got to be easy, but I have messed and messed with the profile file,
and I simply cannot get Konq to do the above.

Right now, the [Profile] section of the profile file looks like this:

----
[Profile]
ContainerT0_Children=View1,View2
ContainerT0_Orientation=Horizontal
ContainerT0_SplitterSizes=1270,0
ContainerT0_activeChildIndex=0
FullScreen=false
Height=926
Name[$e]=File Management
RootItem=Tabs0
Tabs0_Children=ContainerT0
Tabs0_activeChildIndex=0
View1_LinkedView=false
View1_LockedLocation=false
View1_PassiveMode=false
View1_ServiceName=konq_treeview
View1_ServiceType=inode/directory
View1_ToggleView=false
View1_URL[$e]=about:konqueror
View2_LinkedView=false
View2_LockedLocation=false
View2_PassiveMode=false
View2_ServiceName=konq_treeview
View2_ServiceType=inode/directory
View2_ToggleView=false
View2_URL[$e]=file://$HOME
Width=1280
XMLUIFile=konqueror.rc

----

What needs to be changed? It's item #2 in my list that's causing me
problems. I can find no way for my home directory to use treeview mode when
I click on its icon.

Also, are all those entries in the profile file documented somewhere? Some
of them are reasonably obvious, but the precise purpose of some of them is
pretty opaque.

  Doc Evans

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR