I need to make KSnapshot include the cursor in the shot

Mon Aug 11 09:49:39 BST 2008

On Monday 11 Aug 2008 4:06:26 am Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I can't seem to find a way to produce a screenshot with KSnapshot that
> shows the mouse cursor in the resulting image.  Is there a way?
>
> If not, is there another software that can do this to replace KSnapshot
> with?
>
> I'm on KDE 3.5.9.

Hi Nikos,

I don't think there is a straight forward way to do what you ask. Speaking a
little technically, KSnapshot is a tool that grabs the contents of a (X)window
in full or part. The mouse cursor itself is not part of the window and hence
it does not appear in the resulting image.

Tools that record a "video" of the desktop would include the mouse too. KDE4's
window manager natively support recording of the desktop. Of course there are
other tools such as recordmydesktop which do the same. See if they have an
option to capture just one frame instead of a full video.
--
Cheers!
Kishore