Question about dcop bindings in python.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri Aug 8 21:28:53 BST 2008

I've looked but I didn't see anything that was useful. I wrote a shell
script that uses dcop to run the 3ddesk program:

#! /bin/bash

typeset -i desktop="$1"
[[ -z "$desktop" ]] && exit 0
# Get current desktop
curr_desk=$(dcop kwin KWinInterface currentDesktop)
if [[ $curr_desk == $desktop ]]
then
     dcop kwin KWinInterface refresh
else
     exec 3ddesk --gotocolumn=$desktop
fi

I want to write this in python and I'm sort of stuck. Can someone please
tell me how to get the equiv of this line of shell into python?

dcop kwin KWinInterface currentDesktop

I got as far as

#! /usr/bin/python
import pcop
import pydcop

and after that I'm verstumpfed.

Also, I ran kdcop to see the tree but when I select python mode I don't
see that it actuallty does anything. Is it suppoed to tell me what to do
in python or does it not work yet?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net