Kdm and LDAP authentication

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Wed Aug 6 22:36:15 BST 2008

Hi,

I installed KDE on FreeBSD here and it works fine. Then I
configured LDAP authentication and login, su, and ssh worked
without complaint either. However, Kdm refuses to start any
session.

The logfiles read:

----/var/log/kdm-bin.log
KCrash: Application 'kdmgreet' crashing...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.

----/var/log/messages
Aug  5 19:02:18 hostname kdm-bin: :0[32000]: Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 0, signal 14

How can I debug this? What is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf