connection problem to krfb with vncviewer

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Tue Apr 29 12:01:10 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm playing with krfb, but I do not get the invited person to see my
desktop. I started krfb, and created a personal invitation.

Then as the other user, I start vncviewer, enter the ip:displaynumber, in
the input field when vncviewer asks for the server. Then vncviewer asks for
the passord, that I enter too. But then the vncviewer dies with the
following message on the command line:

Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.3
Performing standard VNC authentication
Authentication failure

The invitee, sees two small popups, one saying the session is established,
and then the second, about the vnc session is closed.

When I enter the wrong password, then sth. else happens, so I did not
mistyped the password.

Any idea how i can fix my problem?

kind regards
Sebastian