kwallet preferences

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:04:04 BST 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 05:03:52 Kishore Jonnalagadda wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2008 21:19:03 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > You could install kwalletmanager if not already installed and launch it
> > > from a command line.
> >
> > None of the 'safe' repos I have installed show kwalletmanager.  Is it
> > stand-alone?
>
> Which distribution? Here on Ubuntu Hardy, i have packages kwalletmanager
> and kwalletmanager-kde4.

The EeePC runs a customised Xandros.  I think that, like many people, I'll try
installing a different distro, but not until after my holiday which starts in
10 days :-)  I want to be sure that everything is as safe as possible for
then.

> I wonder if the program has been made part of a bigger package on your
> distribution. What does executing "kwalletmanager" at the command line
> yield.

'command not found'.  And it's not found by synaptic, either.  I guess I'll
just have to live with this and be careful, for the time being.

Anne