On which component to file bug?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 4 18:26:41 BST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Aspell (on all distros) does not contain the names of KDE programs.
> Where should I submit a list of the names as a bug? To KDE (under
> which component)? To my distro (this is a cross-distro problem)? To
> aspell (no bugzilla but they have a mailing list)? Anyplace else?

When in doubt about the correct destination for a bug report always report to
the distributor. They are the ones you basically got the software from, even
if it originated somewhere else.

They might opt to fix it and send the patch upstream or know where to reroute
the report to.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring