kopete addressbook links

Thu Apr 3 12:13:01 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 April 2008 16:13:56 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008, kitts wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 March 2008 11:08:04 kitts wrote:
> > > Where does kopete store its addressbook links? I have tried copying
> > > over the kopeterc file and the kopete data folder yet i tend to loose
> > > the addressbook connection information of my kopete contacts.
> > >
> > > Qt: 4.3.4
> > > KDE: 4.0.2 (KDE 4.0.2)
> > > Kopete: 0.50.1
> >
> > Does anybody have information on this? I never had this issue in the KDE3
> > days. I suspect it has something to do with the absence of PIM in the 4
> > series and the address book is part of the KDEPIM.
>
> The addressbook API is part of kdepimlibs and has been released with 4.0
>
> I am not sure but I think the connection info is actually stored in the
> addressbook data, e.g. the std.vcf file in the local KDE data directory.
> .kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf in KDE3

Ha! You are right. I copied over the kabc data folder and relaunched kopete.
The addressbook links were restored. The problem i had was that i had in my
previous setup moved from file based contacts to directory as the default and
forgot to do the same in the new setup. After making the change it now works
fine. Thanks for that pointer.
--
Cheers!
kitts