Problem to compile qt4 in kde 4 beta 2

Marco Mangiante marco.mangiante at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 00:14:30 BST 2007

Hello,

following the tutorial at
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/...quired_Software<http://www.kde-forum.org/redir.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftechbase.kde.org%2FGetting_Started%2FBuild%2FKDE4%23Required_Software>I
find a problem to configure the qt4. I start the configure command
like
written in the tutorial bu received the error:

You don't seem to have 'make' or 'gmake' in your PATH.
Cannot proceed.

So I do the command 'which make' and it found at /usr/bin/make, so the make
command is there. Also I see that in the path there is also /usr/bin.

In your opinion, what is the problem. I also tried to change the part in the
configure script where is the 'if' that control the variable $MAKE, but with
poor result: I comment out all the line related to that 'if' and left also
the line MAKE='/usr/bin/make' (note that the original line have only
'MAKE').
First I received the message that the script want a 'fi' at the final of the
script, after this I received another error, regarding the directory
mkspecs.

Is possible to set directly in the script the path of the 'make'. Can
someone help me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Regards,