Text to Speech

David david.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:38:01 BST 2007

The Text-to-Speech is not only used for the sake of accessibility, but also
for learning languages, specially English, whose pronunciation rules require
an annual teaching at University :-) Of course, the former (accessibility)
is a more important reason than the latter (learning languages).

In my system, Debian sid, Text to Speech does not work at all. When I click
on "test" in KTTS, it reads "Testing. MultiSyn voices require several
seconds to load. Please be patient". But actually it does not take "several
seconds", but it stays, apparently frozen, for ever and ever.

Does Text-to-Speech work for any of you? Maybe I should submit a bug?

Thank you