kuickshow and KDE4

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 15 08:30:26 BST 2007

Hi Jonathan,

On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Jonathan Rawle wrote:
> After a browse through the information on KDE4, it seems that kuickshow has
> now been removed.
>
> I know there are reasons for doing this, they want to have only one image
> viewer, etc. However, kuickshow is my favourite part of KDE and I'd be lost
> without it!
>
> Where can I find the most up-to-date source code for kuickshow?
> Will it compile easily under KDE4?
> I don't suppose anyone's planning on maintaining packages for it?

It has not been removed from KDE, it has just been moved to a different
module. It now resides in KDE extragear, a module which allows authors to
have individual release schedules as opposed to following the general KDE
schedule.

Most distributions also package extragear applications, for example Digikam
and Amarok are also in there.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring