problem with konqueror: howto _not_ search for .directory

Roland Marcus Rutschmann Roland.Rutschmann at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Oct 8 12:32:54 BST 2007

Hi,

when I want to list the root directory in konqueror I get a time out between
20-40s which I don't like.
strace konqueror tells me the problem is searching for /home/.directory

The problem is, home directories are automounted here. So LDAP looks for a
user name .directory all over the place before failing which explains the
time out.

How can I exclude certain directories (or whole trees) from beeing searched
for .directory?

Sorry if this is rtfm but I have no idea how to search for this feature/bug.

Regards,

Roland

--
Dr. Roland Marcus Rutschmann <Roland.Rutschmann at psychologie.uni-regensburg.de>
Institute for Experimental Psychology, University of Regensburg