Forwarding KDE apps over SSH -X

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:01:02 BST 2007

I'm wondering how forwarding KDE apps over SSH will affect the quality
of their audio output. For instance, obviously watching a movie in
mplayer is slow, and one can hear the audio stutter even though it is
being output by the speakers of the host computer. So, if I open
Amarok and control it via SSH -X, will it's audio output be
compromised? Note that the audio is coming out of the host computer
(the one running sshd) and not the client (the one I'm sitting in
front of).

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com