"Show Desktop"-Button - how to keep windows minimized?

Joe Koenig jko at gmx.de
Thu Nov 29 12:39:09 GMT 2007

Hi,

following scenario:
I have several windows opened and I minimize them by clicking on the
"Show Desktop"-Button.  Then I launch a new application (e.g.
by clicking on a desktop icon).  Unfortunately, not only the new
application's window is being "maximized" (i.e.: un-minimized), but all the
other windows, that I've just minimized, as well.

In other words: I'd like them other windows to stay minimized until
called up explicitly.

Any idea on how to do this?

Cheers
Joe