problem with kfmclient

Andy Malato andym at oak.njit.edu
Wed Nov 28 14:26:32 GMT 2007

! Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:20:39 +0100
! From: Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
! To: kde at mail.kde.org
! Subject: Re: [kde] problem with kfmclient
!
! Hi,
!
! On Wednesday 28 November 2007, Andy Malato wrote:
! > Hello,
! >
! > I'm running into a strange problem when running :
! >
! >         kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
! >
! > When the above command is run, nothing happens and there is no error
! > message indicating a failure occured.   However, if I run :
! >
! >         kfmclient exec ~
! >
! > The file management window is displayed as expected.  If I then try
! > running "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" again, it then works as
! > expected.   The problem occurs after user logout/login and is always
! > reproducible.  This problem occurs under all user accounts, including
! > root.
!
! Which distribution is this on and which version of KDE are you using?

This is on RHEL 4 KDE version 3.3

! Do you have Konqueror pre-loading enabled?
! (control center -> KDE components -> performance)

No, enabling that fixed the problem.

Thanks.

!
! Cheers,
! Kevin
!
! --
! Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer
! KDE user support, developer mentoring
!