problem with kfmclient

Andy Malato andym at oak.njit.edu
Tue Nov 27 22:26:09 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm running into a strange problem when running :

        kfmclient openProfile filemanagement

When the above command is run, nothing happens and there is no error
message indicating a failure occured.   However, if I run :

        kfmclient exec ~

The file management window is displayed as expected.  If I then try
running "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" again, it then works as
expected.   The problem occurs after user logout/login and is always
reproducible.  This problem occurs under all user accounts, including
root.

The problem was identified when attempting to click the "Home" icon after
login.  The Home icon uses "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" to display
the user home directory.

Any thoughts on what is causing this problem ?

Thanks,

        ---Andy