kaddressbook

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Mon Nov 26 03:09:23 GMT 2007

On Saturday 24 November 2007 04:26:40 am Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Saturday 24 November 2007, Bob Stia wrote:
> > Hello KDE people,
> >
> > Running SUSE 10.3 64 bit. Kmail 1.9.6 enterprise (lots of other numbers
> > after that)...Kaddressbook 3.5.6. All in KDE 3.5.7 release 72.2
> >
> > My kaddressbook does not seem to be configureable and I cannot edit it. A
> > couple of examples.  I can add an email address but then cannot add a
> > name or other info to the entry......I also have a bunch of Distribution
> > lists that I can access from a composer window but they don't even show
> > up in the kaddressbook and I cannot edit the list.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks Bob S.
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> I also noticed problems, I think hey may be SuSE related. My problem was I
> could not set categories, or at most one entry at a time. My workaround way
> to export the address book, edit the vcard file by hand and re-import it.
>
> Thierry

Thanks for replying Thierry,

Sorry for the delay as I have been pretty busy with other things.

No, I think I have more problems than that except that I did try your
suggestions with no result.  I have 31 vcards, mostly all with the same exact
amount of  information on them. Some even have duplicate file names. Trouble
is when you are looking at a vcard you don't know what it is supposed to
represent.

Did figure out how to edit my distribution lists though.

Hope that you or someone else can offer further help/suggestions.

Bob S