Associaton configuration in Konqueror

Qiuye Wang qiuyew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:04:39 GMT 2007

Hi,
On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:37:58AM +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>> On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Qiuye Wang wrote:
>> > Yes, i think it is the permissions issue, but is there no local file,
>> > with it the normal user can change the file associations?
>>
>> Usually .kde/share/mimelnk and its
>> subdirectories,e.g. .kde/share/mimelnk/image for associations of image/
>> MIME types.
>
>I am sorry I mixed this up with new associations.
>
>I think the ordering of already available associations is in
>~/.kde/share/config/profilerc
>
>Check if you have modify permissions there

Now i know what happens to the profilerc, it's not because of the
permissions, but the bug of Adobe reader 8.0, after install the Adobe
reader 8.0, i can not change file associations any more.

And now i look into the profilerc, it seems to mess up. So i move the
profilerc as a backup, and now everything is fine, i can change the
associations order again.

Thank you for the hints.
QY