Retrieve account password from KMail?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Nov 17 06:30:10 GMT 2007

> Hi all,
>
> I have an email account I need to retrieve the password for. I do,
> of course, have the KWallet password at hand, so the actual
> decryption is not a problem, only the getting at the data.
>

> All help appreciated,
> Richard

Hi Richard,
  you need to retrieve the password from kwallet, not kmail. Click on the
kwallet icon in the systray. Open the wallet, providing its password if
necessary, and then find your password in the treeview (there will be
'kmail' item) which will appear in the left part of the window.
   With regards, Pavel Troller