Taskbar sorting

Ryan Daly daly at ctcnet.net
Tue Nov 13 18:39:56 GMT 2007

All:

I'm using KDE v3.5.7 on Linux.  I have the Taskbar configured to sort
alphabetically by application name.

I see the following in my Taskbar:

XTerm | Inbox... | XMMS... | Pidgin | Firefox-bin | Windows XP... | VNC...

That's obviously not in alphabetical order.  I realize the application
name that the Taskbar is using may be different than the window name,
though.  I'm hoping someone can clear this up, or confirm this erratic
behavior.  If the behavior is confirmed incorrect, I can file a bug.

I checked xprop against the first three windows:

The properties for XTerm are:
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "xterm", "XTerm"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "local"

The properties for Evolution are:
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "evolution", "Evolution"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "Inbox (15 total) - Evolution"

The properties for XMMS are:
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "XMMS_Player", "xmms"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "XMMS - 22. Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
(4:28)"

Does anyone else see this behavior?

Thanks in advance.