Problem running kcontrol from menu

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Nov 10 22:14:06 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 November 2007, Ryan Daly wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 21:49 +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > Can you try with a totally new user account?
>
> Same symptom with a new user, too.

Grrr.

> Could it be something during compile time?

Unlikely.

Can you check if the kde-config command I wrote about earlier renders
different output when started from ALT+F2?

Like
ALT+F2: kde-config --path xdgdata-apps > /tmp/kde-config.txt
and then checking /tmp/kde-config.txt

I.e. checking if the KDE session has a different environment than when you are
in a shell inside the session.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring