konq icons and file names

Scott Bicknell scotbicknel at cox.net
Thu May 31 17:38:20 BST 2007

On Thu May 31 2007 5:50 am, pol wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like file names to be placed on the icon side rather than
> below it As I use long descriptive file names, that would be a much
> more readable setting:
>
>    __________ ________________
>
>    |        | |    descript- |
>    |        | |    ve long   |
>    |  icon  | |    file name |
>    |  pict  | |    .lyx      |

> How would it be possible?

Try multi-column view. You can set it from the View menu in the View
mode submenu or from the toolbar using the drop down menu of the Icon
view button. (Hint: click and hold the button; a menu of other view
modes will appear. Any toolbar button with a small down-pointing arrow
at the bottom right of the icon has such a menu.)

--
Scott