Unwanted Konqueror behaviour with file name extensions

Never you mind scrpt at catholic.org
Thu May 31 09:09:17 BST 2007

I'm accessing a computer via ssh. Using konqueror I can type
fish://user@myurl/path/to/file and browse the file system. That's
great. My problem arises with the naming conventions on the computer.
It has been set up to be a test bed for web development and the
directories are named according to their domain. There are lots of .au
domains. I can't access any directory that ends in .au because
konqueror treats it as a multimedia file and offers a bunch of
play/stop buttons instead of listing the directory contents.

How can I modify the behaviour of konqueror?

malcolm