QT programs (including whole KDE) with lines in several widgets

Constantin Velásquez Guerino cvelasquez.gnu at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:31:37 BST 2007

El Domingo 27 Mayo 2007 22:14, Andrey Gusev escribió:
> Monday 28 May 2007 03:46:02 Constantin Velásquez Guerino wrote:
> > Hi all! I have a problem with QT programs like Opera or KDE, and I want
> > to know how to solve it (if anyone can help me, because I tried but
> > couldn't by myself). Principally menus has vertical lines like in the
> > picture in http://canelo.homelinux.net/img/QTproblema-con-rayas.png (may
> > not be available sometimes, I shut down the computer in night), and I
> > have no idea why (really have no idea).
> >
> > Please help.
>
> At first you can try to change widgets style in 'Look and feel' settings at
> kcontrol. At next you can try changing video driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> (or any other XFree86/X.org config) to vesa. If nothing helps try to check
> your RAM with something like memtest.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> wbr, Andrey.

It's not a problem with widgets look and feel, I'm sure. I don't want to lose
DRI by changing the driver to vesa, and finally the RAM is OK. It's a weird
problem, but when I opened the system monitor with Ctr-Esc, the problem was
fixed, suddenly everything was just fine.
--
Saludos, Constantin Velásquez.