KDE desktop - "Start Here"?

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Sun May 13 22:19:20 BST 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:11:49 +0200, Peter Wiersig wrote
(<20070509221149.GA11620 at london087.server4you.de>):

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:41:04AM +1000, Felix Karpfen wrote:
>> When I load KDE, the desktop displays 2 icons - "Trash" and "Start Here".
>>
>> And "Start Here" does nothing.  Nor have I succeeded in finding any
>> documentation that might help.
>
> It's a left-over from a Gnome session.

Thank you.

Both answers were spot-on.

My OS (Debian Sarge) boots into the Gnome opening screen by default. That
screen allows the user to select the preferred desktop/windows manager.
It dutifully loads KDE when asked and throws in its own "Trash" and "Start
Here" icons as a bonus.

Problem solved (even if it was a non-problem).

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)