Screen resolution

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed May 9 18:59:54 BST 2007

On 2007/05/09 20:21 (GMT+0300) Dotan Cohen apparently typed:

> On 09/05/07, Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:

>> The right approach is to look or ask in an appropriate place. KDE doesn't
>> make X do things that X has not been configured to do. If you don't either
>> ask in a general X forum, or in a forum specific to the distro you use, you
>> may never get a usable answer.

> Well, X has been configured for 1680x1050, but I don't have an option
> in Kcontrol to use it:

> [root at localhost X11]# cat xorg.conf
> # Xorg configuration created by system-config-display
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "vesa"
> EndSection

system-config-display may be broken for your hardware. I don't believe there
is any such thing as widescreen mode support in the vesa driver. If X is
correctly configured to use WSXGA+ and your graphics card's driver, you
won't need to tell KDE you want to use it, but rather it should come up
automatically when X is started.
--
"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining
ever brighter till the full light of day."	Proverbs 4:18 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409