Command line launch vs .desktop launch

Sorin Schwimmer sxn02 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 04:17:29 BST 2007

Hello again,

I have to apologise for asking the question wrong
(blame it on my English).

The application starts right away, but the icon keeps
jumping close to the cursor, while in the tools bar
there is a corresponding button with a spinning hour
glass that stays for a while. They will go away
eventually, together. These two are my problem.

To answer to Kevin's question:
At first, I created the .desktop file with the mouse
(rigth click, new, link). Then I wanted to have a
miniicon, and somwhere on the net I found that
MiniIcon is the key. I included it by editing the
file.

It didn't work, I asked on this forum about it, and
was told that is obsolete, so I commented it out
(still don't know how to put a miniicon).

So, by now, the original file generated automagically
was already tampered with.

Thanks for your answer,
Sorin