Root folder listings in Konqueror file manager in Kubuntu 6.10

Basil Fowler b.j.fowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Tue May 1 15:09:43 BST 2007

Hello everyone

When I click on the "Root Folder" icon within Konqueror in its file manager
incaration, a restricted list of directories is shown, namely; home, media
and vm.  (The latter is a special non-standard directory for virtual
machines; they are kept on their own separate partition).

Can anyone tell me what configuration file controls what is listed in this
case.  I can see the rationale, but it is inconvenient for me. I often need
access to the /var directory, because I store downloaded files, and do web
and compilations there.

The distro is Kubuntu 6.10.

TIA

Basil Fowler