Konqueror - won't work with many sites

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 16:13:07 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 15:59, Scott Bicknell wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:37 am, T E Schmitz wrote:
> > Konqueror is my favourite browser. However, I still have to
> > use half a dozen other browsers for all the web sites
> > Konqueror does not cope with. It's got to the stage where I
> > have to remember which website does not work in Konqueror.
> >
> > My impression is that Konqueror does not continue when it
> > encounters an error on the page, for instance:
> >
> > Error:
> > https://www.iblogin.com/hobsinternet/scripts/en/xc/menu-netsca
> >pe.js?ver=IN_HBOSC3_1.4.6: SyntaxError: Parse error at line 5
> >
> > while Mozilla ignores the error and continues.
> >

> > As I say, Konqueror is my browser of choice but I encounter
> > far more incompatible web pages now than I did when using
> > Galeon or Mozilla.
> >

> > Sorry to be a bit unspecific. I am not posting to have a rant.
> > If it is of any use I can collect these error messages and
> > post them on KDE-bugs.
>
> They would certainly do more good there than here.

That's true. I use konq almost exclusively but fire up opera if there is a
problem. I'm not convinced that firefox etc is over it's security problems.
Opera seems to always work and is updated from time to time. Maybe it's
because they have a link for posting the address of pages that don't work.
Konq on the web needs updates/patches rather than completely new issues? The
latest and greatest can be much too much of a problem for many people. Even
m/s treat web browsing as a completely separate entity - perhaps that's the
problem.

--
Regards
John