kooka crash

Daiajo Tibdixious daiajo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 03:04:17 GMT 2007

On 3/12/07, tyche <tyche at ica.net> wrote:
> kooka had been working fine with my scanner, until this am.
>
> backtrace:
>
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> [New Thread 47390232082928 (LWP 3259)]
> [KCrash handler]
> #5  0x0000003a2aa09b30 in parport_release () from /usr/lib64/libmfp.so

> how to fix this?

Check on bugs.gentoo.org for kooka bugs (put "ALL kooka" in the search box).
If you find your problem there, there may be a fix available.
Check if you are running stable, or the latest version. If you are on
stable then upgrade to the
unstable version and see if you have the same problem. If you do, then
enter your own bug.

I did a quick look, 7 bugs, none that look like this.

Also do an "equery belongs libmfp.so" as nothing comes up on my system
(I don't have kooka installed).